Sunday, February 10, 2008

Intro to discussing "The Omnivore's Dilemma"

Well, it doesn't appear (as yet) that this is the chattiest book club so I thought I'd lend my two cents before posting my questions. Right now I'm in graduate school and two of my classes have been online. One of the course requirements is to participate in a discussion board with the stipulations that you must give one primary response to each question and 2 secondary responses to other people's postings. It makes for a really lively and interactive learning experience. So I guess I'm suggesting that we all try to respond to all of the questions, then respond to everyone else’s postings so we get a dialogue that resembles a discussion we might have if we weren't communicating electronically. I know we all joined the book club because we like to read, and discuss the books we are reading...

And on to the questions! I hope you all enjoyed the book, I tried to limit my discussion questions but found it hard to do so...

2 comments:

Loren said...

I just wanted to let you know, Marci, that I loved this book, and I really didn't expect to. Sometimes I struggle to stay excited through nonfiction books, but I thought this book was fascinating.

Sam said...

OK, so I still have more to read in the book, but I totally agree with you Loren. Its a great book that I wasn't expecting to like nearly as much (until Blair started giving me the play by play as she was reading it, at least).